Monday, December 20, 2010

Thank you for your support!

I am pleased to announce the completion of Gonna Make a Change Candles' very first fundraising campaign.

This started out as a crazy idea I had in October, after reading Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn's inspiring book, Half the Sky.

Could I really help make a difference by designing a product, making it by hand, and selling it to raise money to further girls' and women's education in the developing world?

Now, two and a half months later, thanks to your generous support, the answer is YES!

Today, I mailed off my final candle order, and I just donated all the net proceeds of my sales to Mayan Families and Central Asia Institute.

What was the total raised? $315!!!

Not too bad for our first time out and with very limited advertising.

Thank you again for all your support. I could not have done this without you.

Please stay tuned. Gonna Make a Change Candles will be back for another fundraising campaign this spring!

Between now and then, I will update this site with more information about where these donations are going and what they are impacting.

Have a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment